Friday 22 October 2010

Human Body microscopic imaging






Fig 1. Image shows lung tissue damage due to emphysema, it reminds me of the mandlebrot images.(p.150)
Fig 2. The lungs again, the bronchioles remind me of a delicate lace tree. (p.145)
Fig 3. Hair growing from the scalp, fantastic detail and texture. (p.43)
Fig 4. A electron micrograph of a sebaceous gland, I particularly like the exposed layering of the dermis. (p.27)
Fig 5.An oligodendrocyte, which is a type of nerve cell. Again, I particularly like the feathered effect around the edge.
All of the above images fascinate me, especially how they could be interpreted into designs for embroidery or surface texture.

McMillan, B. 2008. The Illustrated Atlas of the Human Body. Australia. Weldon Owen Pty Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment